Introducing a new way to enjoy Shabbat at UC San Diego, sponsored by Hillel!
We want to help you get together with friends on Shabbat! Shabbat Across Campus is your opportunity to gather together in a dorm or apartment with a few close friends or a whole gaggle of Jews. Cook a gourmet meal or bring in Chinese take-out; do Shabbat however you want and we’ll help to cover the costs.
UCSD Hillel will reimburse the costs of your Shabbat meal, up to $7.50 per student, once per quarter. All you have to do is:
- Register your meal so we can sign you up and get you a Shabbat Box with candles, a kiddush cup, and lots more goodies.
- Gather together a bunch of friends for dinner, lunch, brunch or any meal on Shabbat. If any of them haven’t been to a Shabbat Across Campus meal yet this quarter, Hillel will cover them!
- Cook, order take-out, whatever you want! Do the meal your way. Remember to be sensitive to your guests’ food needs (kosher, vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.) We encourage you to consider making your meal kosher or vegetarian to maximize the amount of students who can participate.
- Want to add some Shabbat rituals to your meal? We’ll give you a Shabbat Box before your meal to help you on your way.
- ENJOY! RELAX! SHABBAT!
- After the meal, click on the reimbursement link. You’ll need a copy of your receipts and the name and email address of any student for whom you would like to be reimbursed.
Ready to host Shabbat Across Campus? Register here!
Once you’ve hosted your meal, you can submit for reimbursements here.