Glickman Hillel Center for Jewish Life
We look forward to constructing the Beverly and Joseph Glickman Hillel Center to provide a permanent home for Hillel’s programs, religious services and leadership development. Following the unanimous recommendation of the Planning Commission, San Diego’s City Council voted unanimously to approve the project on October 3, 2017, ending an almost 20-year saga to give Hillel a permanent home in La Jolla.
The Glickman Hillel Center will be located on a 0.8-acre parcel across the street from UC San Diego. The property is bound by La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla Scenic Drive North, and La Jolla Scenic Way.
The Glickman Center consists of three buildings surrounding a courtyard. Features of the project include:
- 6,500 square feet of space in three one- and two-story buildings surrounding a central courtyard;
- Flexible space for student programs, meetings, one-on-one mentorship and religious services;
- 27 spaces of surface parking and bicycle storage facilities;
- A small park-like area, open to the public and maintained by Hillel, at the gateway to La Jolla;
- Environmental sustainability: built to LEED Silver standards, solar energy meeting 30-50 percent of on-site energy demand, optimized water conservation.