Glickman Hillel Center for Jewish Life
With approvals in hand and $11.7 million raised toward a $15 million capital campaign goal, Hillel now stands at the precipice of realizing the long-held dream of building a permanent Hillel facility in La Jolla. With the Glickman Hillel Center, UC San Diego Hillel will be able to grow its impact and transform the lives of generations of students to come.
Commemorative Naming Opportunities
To commemorate the generosity of its supporters, Hillel of San Diego will thank and make a public and enduring record of those who contribute generously to the creation of the Glickman Hillel Center with select features designated for commemorative naming purposes.
For more information, contact Rabbi David Singer, Executive Director, UC San Diego Hillel at (858) 550-1795 or email@example.com
The Glickman Hillel Center will be located across the street from UC San Diego, bound by La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla Scenic Drive North, and La Jolla Scenic Way.
The Glickman Center consists of three buildings surrounding a courtyard. Features of the project include:
- 6,500 square feet of space in three one- and two-story buildings surrounding a central courtyard;
- Flexible space for student programs, meetings, one-on-one mentorship and religious services;
- 27 spaces of surface parking and bicycle storage facilities;
- A park-like area, open to the public and maintained by Hillel, at the gateway to La Jolla;
- Environmental sustainability: built to LEED Silver standards, solar energy meeting 30-50 percent of on-site energy demand, optimized water conservation.