Hillel of San Diego, accredited by Hillel: the Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, serves an estimated 5000 Jewish undergraduate and graduate students at institutions of higher education across San Diego County. Students from all backgrounds are invited to participate in Jewish life on campus. Social, cultural, educational, and community service programs provide opportunities for students to build relationships with each other and develop Jewish community
Hillel of San Diego Mission Statement
To be a vibrant Jewish campus presence and to involve the maximum number of university-age Jews in ways that foster a lasting commitment to Jewish life.
To further this mission, we commit ourselves to the following goals:
- Serving the needs of individual Jewish students
- Creatively engaging and empowering Jewish students through personal interactions and compelling programs
- Building a strong sense of belonging and Jewish identity
- Nurturing intellectual and spiritual growth in a pluralistic community
- Advocating for Jewish student needs on campus and in the community
- Linking the campus community to the larger Jewish community, locally and globally
- Helping students cultivate a closer connection to Israel
- Developing a campus and organizational culture in which the quality of the relationships attracts involvement.